Friday 14 February 2020

Anonymous Bookaholics Book Tag




I got this tag from Caffeinated Fae & you can see her post here.

So hi everybody I'm Kym, I'm 30 years old & I have a book problem...




1. What do you like about buying new books?

I love just the anticipation of having a new story to read & sometimes a new favourite author to discover.

2. How often do you buy new books?

I used to buy new books pretty much every day, though most of them were free on my Kindle. Not bought any (for myself ) anyway this year as I've put myself on a book buying ban until I've read some of more already substantial TBR. 

3. Bookstore or online book shopping: which do you prefer?

If I'm up town then I like going in & browsing the books for the smell etc & maybe buying a few. But truthfully buy most of my books online for the convenience of shopping in my PJ's & having it shipped right to my door.

4. Do you have a favorite bookshop?

I love my local Waterstones, the ambience & the staff are brilliant. It also helps that I was in there that often at one point they were getting to recognise me as one of their regulars.

5. Do you pre-order books?

Yes if it's a book I've been anticipating by an author I know or part of a series I already own. Can also get some good deals with the pre-orders as well.

6. Do you have a monthly buying limit?

Yeah I tend not to want to spend any more than £40 a month including my book subscription box. Which is going very well this year as I have not bought a single book outside my book box & have even moved to a cheaper yet still worth the money book box so saving a wee bit more.

7. How big is your wish list?

Well didn't think it was that big until I just counted. I currently have 112 books on my wish list, though many of them I already own in Kindle form I just enjoyed them that much I want the physical copy now, or they are part of series that I already own.


8. Which three books from your wish list do you wish to own right now?

  1. The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black - so I can finally read the full series.
  2. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor - again so can finally read the series as I own the other two.
  3. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi - purely because the cover is gorgeous!


I am tagging anyone that wants to participate!

Leave the links to you post down below, if you don't have a blog then feel free to leave your answers in a comment ↓

2 comments:

  1. Cool tag. I love visiting bookstores, and I buy books when I’m in them, but buying online is so much easier. I can get a book and don’t have to put on pants.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly there's nothing better to me than getting to go shopping without all the faff of having to get dressed, especially with 2 kids!

      Delete