Friday 31 January 2020

#WrapUp - January 2020



What a long month January was, is it 2021 yet?!

This month for reading has not been the greatest but now been the worst either. This has mainly been due to work commitments & then trying to get my house gutted for decorating which isn't going very well either!




Any hoo the books I managed to read this month & their ratings are:
With the Fire on High
by Elizabeth Acevedo
✪✪✪

Beyond a Darkened Shore
by Jessica Leake
✪✪✪✪


Lunchmeat
by Ben D'Alessio
✪✪✪
The Chalk Man
by C J Tudor
✪✪✪✪



























I'm still reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon & Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Thankfully I didn't have to DNF any books this month.

Now for my readathon updates, I have only kept up with a few of the readathons I had planned to do unfortunately, but here they are;

Pondathon by The Quiet Pond
I must say I am really enjoying this readathon, I got to create my own little character & get to do awesome side quests to get badges to decorate the card which my character sits on. If you would like more info then I will leave the link below. Sign ups are open throughout the whole readathon.
https://thequietpond.com/2020/01/12/pondathon-prologue-somethings-wrong/

StartOnYourShelfathon by The Quiet Pond
Well I have stuck by my guns with this one & not read (or bought for that matter) any books published after 2019 this year. Yes I know its only the end of January but start as you mean to go on & all that. So the 4 books that I read had been on my TBR since at least last year & even better 2 of them were off my physical TBR. If you fancy joining in then click the link below.
https://thequietpond.com/2019/12/13/welcome-to-startonyourshelfathon-read-the-books-on-your-shelf-and-help-castor-the-star-collector-find-the-stars-sign-ups/

I do have more readathons coming up this year where the dates have just been announced & I can't wait for them. One of which starts in February with Tome Topple Readathon which is from Feb 7th - 20th, where the goal is to read as many books over 500 pages long as you can.


February's Preliminary TBR

  • Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
  • Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
  • Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Not many books but seeing as they're all over 500 pages I don't want to be too ambitious!

What have you read this month? What you planning on reading next month? Let me know down in the comments or DM on Twitter @kymisan




No comments:

Post a Comment