Sunday 26 January 2020

#SixforSunday - Bookish Habits



Happy Sunday my fellow bookworms!

I recently discovered this tag by a post by inkandplasma which can be found here. With the tag being created by alittlebutalot which can be found here.

This weeks theme is bookish habits, which I'm sure we all have & here's my top 6...


1. Spreadsheets
I love a good spreadsheet & have several for different aspects of my reading. One to track my daily pages read, I aim for 150 a day. Another to keep track of my overall books read, ratings and that over the year. Then use my last one to keep track of all the books I currently own & their reading status.

2. Bookmarks
These are a must have for me. I just can't bring myself to dog ear my pages or damage my books on purpose at all. Not that I mind what anyone else does to their books but I like to keep mine as in good condition as possible.

3. Finishing on a chapter
When finishing a reading session even if I have reached my target pages read I need to keep going until that particular chapter is finished.

4. Organising books alphabetically by author then publication date
Anyone who looks at my shelves will see it resembles a library. In the fact that I have all my books organised by paperback & hardback. Then by author alphabetically until finally by publication date. The only thing I don't do unlike libraries is sort by genre.

5. Taking my book to the bathroom
Another bad habit of mine as anyone with children will know that the only time you get peace when they're awake is in the bathroom (& even that's a struggle sometimes). This can annoy them all at times as when someone else than needs to go there's me trying to finish my chapter before vacating the room lol.

6. Spending more time thinking about & organising what to read than actually reading
I think everyone can be guilty of this habit. Sometimes I spend that much time thinking and organising my TBR that I then need a nap before actually reading the books I've just organised to read.

What are your reading habits? Let us know down in the comments ↓

No comments:

Post a Comment