Tuesday 31 December 2019

The Selection by Kiera Cass - Review



Thirty-five beautiful girls. Thirty-five beautiful rivals…

It’s the chance of a lifetime and 17-year-old America Singer should feel lucky. She has been chosen for The Selection, a reality TV lottery in which the special few compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon's love.

Swept up in a world of elaborate gowns, glittering jewels and decadent feasts, America is living a new and glamorous life. And the prince takes a special interest in her, much to the outrage of the others.

Rivalry within The Selection is fierce and not all of the girls are prepared to play by the rules. But what they don’t know is that America has a secret – one which could throw the whole competition… and change her life forever.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

This book exceeded my expectations!

I bought this book on Kindle a good while ago to see what the hype was but it has also took me a good while to get round to reading it. It's not necessarily took me so long because of my excessive TBR but because it's not really the kind of book I read, as in romance.

I did find it a bit slow to start but once they arrived at the palace I found the story moved along at a quicker pace. I loved the relationships between all the girls & how realistic it was all the catty comments & such. I instantly warmed to Prince Maxon while thinking Aspen was a bit of an arse to put it politely. Loved all the activities the girls shared with the Royal Family & the Prince. Towards the end though was a bit worried when a certain someone showed up, thankfully all is still right in the world.

Would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance & reality TV shows.

Star Rating - ✪✪✪

No comments:

Post a Comment