Monday 6 January 2020

Book Goals 2020 Edition

Hellooo again my fellow bookworms! Hope your year is off to a good start. Mine could have gone better reading wise, have only managed to read just over 100 pages since the new year bells rang. But hoping to turn that around very soon.

Now writing this post to give myself some motivation to achieve all the bookish goals I want to this year & anytime I lose motivation I can look back at this & get my wee bum in gear again.

So without further ado my reading goals for this year are:

  • Read at least 52 books (1 a week)
  • Read books that I already own
  • Try to finish at least 2 large book series on my shelves
These goals don't sound much but when I was getting at least 2 new books a week on my Kindle last year & not reading the ones I already own (which are well over 1000 both Kindle & physical) then I'd say it's pretty monumental.

On that note I am also placing myself on a book buying ban this year. Even the free books & the next books in series that I've not pre-ordered are out of bounds. I need to get it into my head that I don't need the book as soon as it comes out, it will still be there in years to come when I've actually made a dent in my current shelves (hahaha). Would just like to make the point that even though I am on a buying ban that people buying me books as gifts for my birthday etc is completely fine.

What goals (bookish & non-bookish) have you got for this year? Let me know down in the comments below or hit me up on Twitter @kymisan

P.S Planning on posting a wee update on my goals in June

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to impose a book buying ban on myslef but whenver I'm on a secondhand bookshop, I can't just let those precious cheap books escape!

    Good for you! I hope you'll make a dent on your physical TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!

      Yeah I'm like that with my Kindle & when things go free, too easy to just click. Then because it's not ohysically sitting on my shelf I forget about it.

      Could maybe set yourself a small ban for a month or so see how you find it?

      Delete