Sunday 17 November 2019

Slumpy Sunday

Hellooo my lovelies hope you are all good & well!

Theres's nothing worse than hitting a slump half way through the month or even half way through a book (especially if you were enjoying it). So I have come up with my top 5 tips on how to get out a slump & maybe even prevent one happening?!



1. Take regular reading breaks.
Set yourself a goal each day then split it down further, for example I aim to read 150 pages a day (not that it's been happening lately), I then break that down into either 50 page sprints or every so many chapters. Once I have then reached each goal I take a break, go have a cuppa, walk about a bit & stretch & maybe even have a wee dance break!

2. Change up the genre.
If like me you mostly read one genre then every so many books push yourself out your comfort zone by reading a book you wouldn't usually. Mainly read fantasy switch to a romance or thriller. Mostly read adult then go for a middle grade. Your head will love you for it & you never know you might find yourself enjoying other genres just as much as your preferred.

3. Tell people.
I find if I am starting to feel slumpy I'll start to tell anyone I can about how great (or bad) the book I'm reading is. Not only do I get to recommend (or not) the book I'm reading but it also gives me a chance to get my head back into it & process what I've read so far. Then from there go back to enjoying the book or if I'm not then deciding if I'm going to DNF it or not.

4. Read more than one.
A new thing I have started doing is reading 2 books at a time. That way if I'm not feeling the one book then I can switch to the other & back again depending on my mood. I would suggest having 2 different genres for the books as if they are the same then if your like me then the plots will merge into one.

5. No pressure!
The last & most important tip I have to give you is don't pressure yourself to read every day! If your not feeling it at all then take a couple days off & do something completely different. When you pile the pressure on yourself then it's just going to make the slump worse as your then reading because you have to rather than because you want to & are enjoying it.

& that's my tips for how to beat a reading slump.

I know most people will already know all of this but I feel if I can help one person beat their slump then my good deed is done 😊

Until next time bookworms byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment