Sunday 22 December 2019

The Joy of Christmas Book Tag




Hellooo my fellow bookworms! How are we all this week?

Cannot believe that it is Christmas on Wednesday already! At least I've finished all my shopping & worked my last shifts before the big day so I can sit back, chill out & read more than I have been. Though to be fair I have read 2 books this week so not been bad going.

I also saw this wonderful tag on A Beautiful Chaos of Books Youtube channel which I thought would be fun to do & you can watch the video by clicking here.




Questions:
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Would have to say in this moment in time Venom by Bex Hogan. I received Viper in a Fairyloot box this year & was the first real middle grade book I read for ages & loved it. Since then I've got into reading middle grade more often & this one is the one I need.

2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it's praises?
Ooo a hard one! But first book that springs to mind is my recent read of Radio Silence. The author I would have to say Jay Kristoff just for being an all round awesome guy & his books aren't half bad either lol.

3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
Just for the sheer beautiful language this is a hands down Strange the Dreamer. The only book that kind of came close was Circe but Strange is just a bit more whimsical & intricate which edges the win for me.

4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
Not got a favourite cause it's not really a genre I read but been wanting to read anything by the Bronte sisters for ages just not been in the mind set for it yet.

5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
To be fair would be happy with any book especially if it's a special edition or signed.

6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
Honestly can't think of a book that has gave me the fuzzy feeling but whenever I read to my kids & their all cuddled in listening I get the fuzzy feeling... if that counts? Lol

7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
I love the Nevernight Chronicle covers because of all the wee designs making the bigger pictures. Also the Priory of the Orange Tree is wicked love myself a dragon. But any cover that has a dragon or a really intricate design seems to catch my eye the most.

8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
I love the joy of seeing my children opening their presents, generally spending time with my family & of course has to be said my Mum & Dad's cooking every year. Boy can they make a roast!


Well hope I answered the questions enough for you all to get the jist of what I feel like brings me joy at Christmas. Any other questions you have for me or anything you want me to elaborate on feel free to drop a comment below or DM me over @kymisan on Twitter.

Until next week my lovelies happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment