Sunday 15 December 2019

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab - Review

Pages - 285
Format - Paperback


They're here.
They're watching.

Cass can pull back the Veil that separates the living from the dead.

When Cass's parents start hosting a TV show about the world's most haunted places, the family heads off to Edinburgh. Here, graveyards, castles and secret passageways teem with restless phantoms.

But when Cass meets a girl who shares her "gift", she realizes how much she still has to learn about the Veil—and herself. And she'll have to learn fast. The city of ghosts is more dangerous than she ever imagined.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════



When I first heard about this book & coming from Scotland, I automatically felt the need to read this book with it being set in Edinburgh. What kind of put me off was the fact that at the time of buying I wasn't into reading middle-grade books. After reading City of Ghosts however I wish I had read it straight away!

The plot from beginning to end is very easy to follow, quick paced & is very well thought out & written.

The characters all interact with each other very well & have all their individual personalities that compliment each other perfectly. Would have to say my favourite character is Findlay as described in the book he is for me a Scottish Hagrid. Big bubbly personality but ready to bite the bullet & help out when needed.

If I was to be really pernickety the only bad thing I could say that I didn't like about this book is Lara. Yes she had good intentions and all that in the end but all through the book I just had an image of this young girl with an attitude problem & couldn't shake it for the rest of the story. But then that's just my personal experience.

Overall I would recommend this book to all Victoria Schwab/V.E Schwab fans & also any children who want to read a horror without leaving them to have nightmares for days then this is the book to read!

Star Rating - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment