Sunday 22 September 2019

Book Review - Dark Rivers of the Heart

Pages - 728
Format - Paperback


A man and a woman; each of them secretive and hidden, both of the m loners, nomads. A chance meeting in a bar and suddenly they are - first separately and then together - fleeing the long arm of a clandestine, illegal and increasingly powerful agency; the woman hunted for the information she possesses, the man sought because he finds himself obsessed with helping the woman.

The agent in charge of the pursuit is possessed of and uncommon madness and cruelty as he strives to make a perfect world. With access to the government's electronic information banks, surveillance systems and futuristic weapons, he is virtually unstoppable, indestructible - the brazen face of an insidiously fascistic future. But the man and the woman are emboldened by their dark experiences to fight recklessly for survival - their own and each others. . .




Finished this book the other day as part of my Hogwarts House Battles Readathon. Was recommended to me last Christmas by my Dad who is also a big reader.

Where do I start with this book?

It is one of my favorite books of the year and I can't wait to re-read. On being the first Koontz book I have read I was unsure of the writing style going into it but from the first page I was captured by his words. Also the pace of the storytelling was just the right tempo that no detail was spared yet was still quick enough to get your heart racing & the pages turning The best way I would describe his writing style is a Stephen King of the thriller genre.

The make up throughout the book of each characters personality and lifestyle is seamless. There are few questions to be answered about character decision making through out the story but they never go unanswered for too long, which I loved as there was always another question popping up not long after.

I also loved the use of technology in this book. Even though it was written 1994 the story & technology used still felt very recent and could imagine it would be the kind of thing that could happen without us knowing about it.

Apart from that all I can really say is that I will definitely be reading more Koontz in the future & would recommend this book to all those who love a fast paced thriller with lots of action.


If you would like to recommend any other books by Dean Koontz or any other author for that matter that you think I may like & would like to see me review then you can reach me on Twitter @kymisan

Until next time byeeeee!

P.S I am hoping that with practice my reviews will get better lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment