Wednesday 18 September 2019

5 books to banish the hump

Another week gone another hump day upon us!

Whether you need a book to banish those hump day blues or just need your next recommended read look no further than this post.


Here are my top 5 books that I have read this year 

#1. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas.

What can I say about this book? I wouldn't have said I was a huge fan of this series until this book. I re-read the full series in a matter of days before reading this finale. It broke me I can't say much more than that. Obviously not for everyone but definitely one of my favourite books and series of all time.

#2. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon

Again another book that many people have read. I love it! From the beautiful cover to the beautiful writing between its pages. Was a bit slow to start but boy when it started it started. A definite recommendation to all fantasy lovers!

#3. Furyborn by Claire LeGrand

A book that I was rather late to the party to. On reading reviews I was kind of dubious in going into it because of the problems people had with the different POV's but I found no real problems with it. Was maybe a bit confusing to start because of the different timelines but after a few chapters I got my head round it and would say it's one of the selling points of this book. So if you are like I was and not sure whether to read this one then please just give it a chance.

#4. Viper by Bex Hogan

I had never read a book about pirates before and this one certainly didn't disappoint. Even though I'd say its more of a middle grade book I think adults would also enjoy. Pretty much from the first page this book takes you across the vast seas with mutinous pirates who have many an adventure & revelation between the Isles of Storms & Sorrows. 

#5. The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang

What a rollercoaster of a book this was! My emotions were wrecked by the end. Granted the first third or so of the book is slow burning but the rest of the pages pretty much turn themselves. This book is so beautifully written that you don't just read the story you live it, you become emotionally attached to the characters, hence why many a time during my reading of this book I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or scream.

So that was my top 5 books of the year so far. You can check out my reviews for these books & many other on my Goodreads page linked at the left of my main page.Also feel free to get in touch with me via Twitter again linked on my main page always looking for people to talk books with.

Until next time byeeeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment