Thursday 18 June 2020

Mid-year Book Freak Out Tag


Hello fellow bookworms! How are we all? How is it the middle of June already?! Today I have brought you my edition of the Mid-year Book Freak Out Tag as done by pretty much everyone lol.



1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020
Ooo this is a hard one. So far this year my 5 star reads have been Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, Wintersong by S Jae Jones & Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood by Sarah J Maas. If I had to pick out of these 3 it would be Wintersong.
2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020
The sequel that springs to mind first is Legendary & Finale from the Caraval series by Stephanie Garber, just can't pick between the two.
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Not got many 2020 releases but the one I've heard nothing but good things about on my shelves is Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibanez so will need to sneak that in, in the coming months.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
A Song of Wraiths & Ruin by Roseanne A Brown, from the blurb this book sounds amazing & unique!
5. Biggest disappointment.
Would have to be World War Z by Max Brooks. After hearing all the hype for both the book & movie I was excited to finally pick this one up but in the end just found it rather mediocre.
6. Biggest surprise.
The Inn by Scott Dawson, I acquired this book on my Kindle for free last year & after finally getting round to it this year I found it to be a wee hidden gem. Everyone who likes thrillers should give this one a try.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
I just discovered Terry Pratchett this year & from the very first page I was hooked!
8. Newest fictional crush.
Ooo this would be Bonner from The Rime Chronicles by Mindee Arnett he's just lovely.
9. Newest favourite character.
Would have to be Signe from The Rime Chronicles just one badass lady!
10. Book that made you cry. I don't really cry at books but the one that really got my emotions going was Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman.

11. Book that made you happy.
Has to be The Witches Trilogy by Terry Pratchett, I love the girls & their adventures.
12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Seeing as I've not bought many books this year just pre-orders from last year this would be Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood.
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I have a few to be honest need to read the rest of the Noughts & Crosses series, try & make a dent in my extensive pile of Virginia Andrews so I can start to unhaul them & the Passenger Duology by Alexandra Bracken that's been giving me the side eye from the top of my bookshelf since I bought them a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment