Thursday 14 May 2020

The TBR Book Tag


I saw this book tag over on Caffeinated Faes blog & just had to do it! You can see her answers here.




1 – How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

Spreadsheets, spreadsheets & did I mention spreadsheets?! I literally have spreadsheets for everything from TBRs to all my owned physical & digital book (a separate one for each) & then a yearly spreadsheet that tracks all I've read & purchased that year.


2 – Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?

My actual TBR is mostly digital. I have but then considering I own 436 ebooks to only 188 physical then its a no brainer.


3 – How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

To be honest every time I pick i book I probably use a different method. Anything from joining buddy reads, random number generator, having someone pick for me & reading the 1st & 69th page to see if it catches my attention.


4 – A book that’s been on your TBR the longest

According to my Goodreads the longest book I've had on my official TBR is Caraval by Stephanie Garber.


5 – A book that you recently added to your TBR

Whammy by Ted Akin, I received this ARC from the author for review. Due to be released early June 2020 so I really should get reading it.


6 – A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover

I don't really but books because of their cover but if I had to pick one then I'd say Passenger by Alexandra Bracken is definitely one that catches my eye.


7 – A book on your TBR that you NEVER plan on actually reading

Can't really narrow it down to one but would say pretty much 95% of the classics such as Charles Dickens & Emily Bronte that I have on my TBR because it makes me feel better lol.


8 – An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for

Not exactly got them on my TBR the now but I'm already hyped for the next in the Crescent City series by Sarah J Maas. Also like a lot of other people I'm still patiently waiting for the new Game of Thrones book by a particular Mr Martin.


9 – A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you

Again hard to narrow it down as I have a few. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Scythe by Neal Shushterman & Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin to name but a few.


10 – A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you

Don't really get recommended books but I'm starting to see the Skyward series by Brandon Sanderson everywhere again.


11 – A book on your TBR that you’re just dying to read

To be honest every book on my TBR I'm dying to read it's just finding the time &/or being in the right mood to read it that's the problem.


12 – The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf

413 I wouldn't say that's too bad.


I Nominate:

Anyone who wants to do it!

1 comment: