Thursday 21 May 2020

Bookish A-Z Tag 2020 Edition



Hey all! How are we all feeling? I was going through all my old blog posts & thought this would be a fun tag to do again as some of my answers may have changed. You can see my original post here.

I first saw this tag on Lala's Book Reviews if you want to go check hers out as well.


A - Author you've read most books from
Would still be Stephen King, my Dad introduced me to him about 10-11 years ago & since then I have read I'd say about 75% of his books. Though have tried to read him a couple of times in 2020 & just not feeling him like I used to.

B - Best sequel ever?
This would have to be Tears of Frost by Bree Barton. Heart of Thorns don't get me wrong was good but the 2nd was by far better.

C - Currently Reading
Legendary by Stephanie Garber & The City of Brass by S A Chakraborty.

D - Drink of choice when reading
Anything usually tea with milk & sugar, a milky coffee or a can of juice.

E - Ebook or physical?
I find myself preferring physical now days. I like to actually see how much progress I'm making rather than just a %.

F - Fictional character you would have dated in high school
I would go for the stereotypical bad boy at school where as now days I like my good guys with a little bit of roughness around the edges. Character wise I've pretty much went from dating the Darkling to Nickolai.

G - Glad you gave this book a chance
This would be Animal Farm by george Orwell. After reading & pretty much hating 1984 I was dubious about AF but have to say I rather enjoyed it.

H - Hidden Gem
I wouldn't exactly say it's hidden but anything by Terry Pratchett pretty much is a gem. He has to be my favourite author of the moment & only read 2 of his books so far.

I - Important moment in your reading life
I'd have to say the day I first ever picked up a book. Followed in close second by the day I started this blog, it's made me think much more about my reading.

J - Just finished
Caraval by Stephanie Garber.

K - Kind of book you won't read
I steer well clear of the smut with the cheesy covers or just smut in general. Just no interest in that kind of thing!

L - Longest book you've ever read
After consulting Goodreads again it would still be A Dance with Dragons from the Game of Thrones series coming in a whopping 1112 pages!

M - Major book hangover
Can say I've 3 major book hangovers so far & they've been after reading the Game of Thrones series, the Throne of Glass series & most recently Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood.

N - Number of bookcases you own
I own 4 bookcases. 1 tall Billy, 2 smaller ones, 1 of which the kids use & 1 donated from a friend. Thanks Lynda!

O - One book that you've read multiple times
To be honest I don't really re-read books. If their part of a series I like to try & wait until its complete then power through them all. But saying that I have re-read 3 series Harry Potter, Throne of Glass, The Nevernight Chronicles & Outlander.

P - Preferred place to read
I read mostly at my desk or on the couch but will plonk my bum down anywhere to read.

Q - Quote that inspires you / gives you all the feels
When all else fails give up & go to the library - Stephen King 11/22/63

R - Reading regret
That I keep buying books that I have no time to read yet dying to read them.

S - Series you started & need to finish
Has to be Outlander. Loved the first book & the TV series I just keep getting distracted by all the other books!

T - Three of your all time favourite books
1. Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood by Sarah J Maas
2. Game of Thrones by G R R Martin
3. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
Though these 3 are subject to change as love all my book babies equally... unless they're really bad!

U - Unapologetic fangirl for
I am Sarah J Maas trash & also fond of Leigh Bardugo & love Terry Pratchett!

V - Very excited for this release
The second in the Crescent City series by Sarah J Maas though got more than a year to wait.

W - Worst bookish habits
Not taking notes to write reviews. Then having no clue what I've just read but still trying to tell everyone else about it.

X - X marks the stop? From the top of your bookshelf what's number 27?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (taken from my TBR Goodreads shelf)

Y - Your latest book purchase
Would be Crescent City: House of Earth & Blood that I had pre-ordered & received last month.

Z - ZZZ snatcher! Last book that kept you up all night reading
At the minute that could be any book that I'm currently reading as with 2 kids & the country on lockdown I don't have much time to myself to read until they go to bed.

& that's my A-Z! Feel free to tag yourself.

Have also included links to all the books so you can go read what they're all about over on Goodreads just need to click on whatever book name your interested in. Until next time byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment