Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wild Flowers by Virginia Andrews - Book Review


Pages -592
Format - Hardback

They began as strangers. Four teenage girls with nothing in common but their miserable childhoods.

All Misty ever wanted was a normal family. But like so many others, Misty's parents split up. Now they use their daughter to hurt each other, to deliver tiny cruelties in an endless stream. Misty knows her parents love her. But she has an unspeakable secret that burns in the core of her being: she hates them.

Star, too, is hiding her pain. Even though her mother and father are still alive, they are dead to her. And only when she decides to reveal her secret, will she be able to face the dark nightmares of her past.

But Misty and Star are nothing like Jade,. They don't know what its' like to be a pawn in a courtroom battle too hateful to ever forgive. Or what it;s like to be lures into an ordeal too traumatic to ever forget.

And then there's Cat, who has the darkest, most horrifying secret of all...

One by one , in Dr Marlowe's group therapy sessions, each of the Wildflowers tells her shocking story. Some things, however, should be left buried forever...

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════


The plot in this omnibus is fast paced & easy to follow. Set with 4 girls reminiscing about their past & how they came to be in therapy. The timeline moves back & forth with ease between these past events & the present.

The characters are all easily relate-able & I found myself sympathizing with them about several things that happened to them. I also liked the way they all had their own very different personalities & the way they interacted with each other was very natural.

I can't really fault this book but I will say I don't think I will re-read it. I feel the way it's set out its aimed at a younger generation maybe transitioning from children's books to more adult material. Not taking away that I enjoyed it, it's just I would maybe read a book along the same lines just aimed more at adults, if you know what I'm trying to say.

So overall I really enjoyed this book & will be reading more of Andrews works in the future. I loved the way she developed the characters & the plot. This is one of the books you read & you can see it all played out in your head vividly which I enjoy.

Star rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you've read any of Andrews works that you'd like me to read then feel free to pop me a message. Until next time byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment